My line

New members: Please tell us a little about yourself and how you connect to the Ping family. If you're uncertain how you're related to the rest of us, do feel free to post in the Queries forum and we'll do our best to research your connection.
ScottParkey

My line

Post by ScottParkey » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:18 am

Hello everyone! My line from John Ping is:
1. John Ping
2. Thomas Ping
3. Lewis Ping
4. William Green Ping
5. Siotha (Ping) Wright
6. Matilda Elizabeth (Wright) Parkey
7. Wade Parkey
8. My dad
9. Me

I enjoy family history and have written a few reports. Looking forward to collaborating.

RodPing

Re: My line

Post by RodPing » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:23 am

Welcome Scott? Jim Raney will probably contact you.

jmraney

Post by jmraney » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:11 am

I thought I heard someone mention my name! :) Scott: I have everybody in your Ping line as far as Wade Parkey and Nina York... of course, there's not a census out yet that any of their children would be listed on. Aside from Hargis (and Niagara Hargis' parentage is still an open question), I think the Ping line is the only overlap you and I have.
Assuming I have your ancestors traced properly, you have the Earp/Erp clan from Pulaski County, KY in your lineage. Several of the members of the Facebook group share that as well if you're looking for connections on some of your other lines.
Chief cook and bottle washer

ScottParkey

Post by ScottParkey » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:08 pm

My most recent ancestor with Pulaski Co., KY connections is my grandad, Wade Parkey, so if you're looking at his ancestry, you're looking at where you're likely to connect with me. My ancestral surnames in the area other than Ping, Parkey, Hargis, and Earp include: Randall/Randolph, Sears, Wright, Cordell/Caudill, Hines/Hinds, Barnes, Richardson, and Farmer.

I've written about the Pulaski Co., KY Earp patriarch, Josiah Earp, in my Revolutionary War report.