Donna Ping Howlett, aka "xping49"

New members: Please tell us a little about yourself and how you connect to the Ping family. If you're uncertain how you're related to the rest of us, do feel free to post in the Queries forum and we'll do our best to research your connection.
xping49

Donna Ping Howlett, aka "xping49"

Post by xping49 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:59 pm

Hi All,
Rod wants us to introduce ourselves, so here goes!

My User ID is "xping49". I'm not sure if there's a place here where you can connect user names to real names so I thought I'd include that info. The "xping" is because when I got married, I became an ex-Ping, hence xping. The 49 signifies my birthday, April 9th (1955). I always liked the Ping name... it's succinct, unusual, memorable. And I like to tell people I'm the Ping Golf Club heiress. (A joke. Sometimes people laugh, sometimes they just stare at me like I have two heads, lol.)

I have lived all my life in or near Cincinnati (currently on the east side - Cherry Grove). My father was from the Louisville KY area (Lebanon Junction, to be specific.) My hobbies are playing piano (poorly, lol), sewing, quilting, crochet, flatwater kayaking, and I have three dogs who like to hike with me and play at the dog park. I'm retired after working as a technical writer of packaging specifications and standards. I worked for P&G and also for Mars, Inc.

My connection to the original John Ping:
My father: John Burdette Ping Sr.
My grandfather: George Emmett Ping
My g-grandfather: Elias N. Ping
My gg-grandMOTHER (unmarried): Angelina Ping
My ggg-grandfather: James Madison Ping
My gggg-grandfather: Thomas Ping
My ggggg-grandfather: John Ping Sr.
(and before that, if I understand correctly John Ping Sr. is the offspring of Joseph Ping of Barbados.) Did I get that right, Jim?

Thanks for reading. I hope to meet lots of other Pings here, maybe even some that live near enough to meet for lunch!
Donna (xping49)

RodPing

Re: Donna Ping Howlett, aka "xping49"

Post by RodPing » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:11 pm

Very good!

RodPing

Post by RodPing » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:10 am

Very good!

RodPing

Post by RodPing » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:30 am

Great introduction! Thank you for your greeting!