Question for the Group

A discussion area and sharing forum for the descendants of John Ping (1740-1823).
jmraney

Question for the Group

Post by jmraney » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:36 pm

I had a thought earlier today while replying to a post in Queries, and wondered what everyone would think of the following:

In the associated Facebook group, I've posted "uplines" for a number of individuals who wondered if or how they fit into the broader family tree. Would there be any interest in having a subforum (we'll call it "Uplines" for a working title) where each of us on here could post their lineage back to John Ping? It might make it easier for all of us to figure out how we're all related to one another. In general, any living descendant of John Ping is a fifth to seventh cousin of any other. I do know some of the folks in the Facebook group have common Ping ancestors more recent than John Ping, though.

It's a real pain in the rump trying to go through old Facebook posts trying to figure out exactly how everyone's related - I just felt it would be nice to have a designated area dedicated to that purpose.

Comments are not only welcomed, they'd be appreciated.
Chief cook and bottle washer

RodPing

Re: Question for the Group

Post by RodPing » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:25 pm

Oh yeah!